Friday, August 29, 2014

Sudden Patriotism

Hey everyone! Was thinking of just writing a little something for you guys to read. Just a little update to my life and a small catch up session. So how have you all been doing? I hope you're all great and being productive cause I have been anything but productive.

First, explaining the title, we'll be celebrating our 57th independence day on Sunday and I thought i'd write a little about the country that I was brought up in. It's extremely exciting and I just like to think of all the small things that makes us who we are. The diversity in culture that we can see everyday. The culture or language of a different race that we've automatically adapted into our daily lives. Phrases that we've been so used to using that when someone else doesn't understand it you stare at them in awe. These are the kind of things that I admire so much in my country. Not to mention the fact that we all have to at least be able to converse in a few languages. I think that's pretty cool.

I would also like to talk about the food. The oh-so-amazing food. You can never go wrong with Malaysian food. It is the absolute best. (or maybe i'm just saying that cause i've been growing up with it. who knows. xD) It's really really easy to find food here in Malaysia. Let's say you want a quick bite with your mates, mamak it is! It's cheap and the food is pretty good. Love love love the spices that they put in the curry. I'm a bit biased towards curry. Besides that, there are also dishes which are prepared differently according which gives it a different flavour. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that you're eating the same dish because it can taste more sour towards one style of cooking, and perhaps more sweet when cooked a different way.

The post was partly inspired by this video made by TheMingThing which is one of my favourite local youtuber. You should totally check his channel out. Gonna leave the video here just so you can watch it.  Don't forget to show him some support if you like his work!


So, recently i've been listening to a lot of Joe Brooks... There's just something so nice about his voice and his songs. His voice comes out so clean and it's the kind of voice that doesn't require that much effort to sound nice. No high notes or anything, just plain old Joe Brooks and his guitar. Probably why he's on repeat on my playlist. I'm just really really hoping that he'll come back here to perform again despite the fact that he has already came here two times. Why did I not see him when he was here.

Alright, I guess that sort of sums up life at the moment. Spread love not hate! I hope you guys have an absolutely wonderful independence day, go do something really Malaysian in the spirit of it! or you can go listen to your favourite artist, your choice. Live life with no regrets! Till here, cheerio.

Song of the Week

Ironically enough, the song of the week wont actually be coming from Joe Brooks. Right now i'm in a The Vamps kind of mood and a song that I absolutely love from them right now is Lovestruck. It's cute, it's bubbly, it's about a girl and I just love it. My favourite line would probably be "I heard Wonderwall beating through your headphones, cracked a little smile when you got the words wrong." Hope you guys enjoy the song and i'm definitely looking forward to recommending more songs for you guys in the future. (:

No comments: