Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's Time for School

Hey guys! Here's this weeks update. Today i'll just briefly tell you guys about my trip to Kota Bharu. And also, school is starting on Monday. ): Sad face. Well I had a pretty enjoyable holiday despite the amount of homework I have.

So, Kota Bharu is the capital of a state called Kelantan. It's just mainly popular for it's culture and definitely its food. Who am I kidding, Malaysia has the best food in the world, to me. I really enjoy Malaysian cuisine because of its variety. I took a plane there because driving a car would take almost a whole day compared to taking a plane which is so much faster. It turns out that the hotel I was staying in is owned by one of my close friends. I found it really cool. xD

In Kota Bharu, we did not have a car to bring us around. We had to depend on walking to visit all the attractions in the city. The weather was hot and humid so the walk wasn't very pleasant. I found myself complaining over the weather countless times. Fortunately, our hotel was strategically located not far from the place we wanted to visit so it was only a 10-15 minute walk. But because of the hot weather it felt much longer. We decided to visit Pasar Siti Khadijah which is a wet market which is not exactly out of the ordinary but it was a really cool market because it consisted of a few floors and you'll not only find vegetables and meat in the market but also Batik!

Next to Pasar Siti Khadijah is Kompleks Batik (or well i think that's what it's called) In that building, they sell all sorts of Batik clothing. I got a kaftan for my cute cousin and a dress for me. I was given money to spend so I decided to spend it on the dress. It's different and unique, so why not. We also visited Pantai Cahaya Bulan which is a really short beach. A lot of people were flying their kites in the beach which filled the sky with colours. I managed to get some really cool pictures because the sun was just setting. Oh I forgot to mention that we managed to rent a car for a day. (HOORAY FOR THE AIR COND)

With the car, we could drive to further places so we decided to look for the temples. At first, we gave up on the idea because it was out of town and we weren't sure if we could find it. But on our way back to town from visiting another beach, we bumped into one of the popular temples and so we decided to find the temple with the sleeping Buddha. WE SUCCEEDED. WE FOUND THE TEMPLE! It was a really awesome experience. Also, because Kelantan is right next to Thailand, some of the temples has thai writing on it which made it really cool.

That pretty much sums up my whole visit to Kelantan. xD I hope you enjoyed reading it. I don't think it sounds as nice as the way I described Singapore. hahahaha. I would also apologize over the fact that i couldn't get pictures on sooner. Well, i'll see you all again next week. Till here, cheerio.

Song of the Week

Recently, I started watching SMASH online since it was the holidays and it kind of inspired me to watch 13 The Musical on Broadway because Max was in it. Then I discovered that the lead guy in the film is the guy from Ben 10 (yes I used to watch Ben 10, don't judge me. xD). Anyway, I looked the guy up and found out that he used to date Ariana Grande and has a song with her. This weeks song of the week is Stick Around by Graham Phillips and Ariana Grande. It's pretty catchy and I hope you guys will like it. I mean, who knew Ben could sing! xD

No comments: