Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Fire Drill

Hello everyone! A couple of really interesting events happened this week. Which is really cool. Also, we had a last minute day off from school on Monday because of the haze so we kind of fast forwarded in the week.

Like the title says, a fire drill really was carried out. It was an extremely cool experience. I haven't been in a fire drill since primary school which could've been like 4/5 years ago. So anyway, we were in class then all of a sudden the bell started ringing. I kind of though it was normal since it would usually ring to mark the periods. But the ringing this time was wayyy different. When walking out of the class, we could see other students running too. But not exactly running very fast, but at a reasonable pace. (i'm not sure if that made sense)

Once we all assembled at the hall, there were a group of real fire fighters who were there to demonstrate how to use a fire extinguisher. They literally created a small fire... WHICH ALL OF A SUDDEN TURNED INTO A BIG ONE AND STARTED RELEASING BLACK SMOKE. But it was just for a moment so I guess it didn't really cause anything? I hope it didn't cause the haze has been clearing up and it would suck for it to be hazy again.

The fire fighters invited a few people from the school to try extinguishing the fire. I guess it was kinda cool to see your absolutely adorable teacher wipe out a fire with a fire extinguisher. They had to wear the really thick jackets and a helmet which is so big! My friends said my teacher was standing too close to the fire. xD Fortunately she made it out of there okay. That's pretty much it.

Today, my school had their annual prize giving ceremony and i'm proud to say that I participated in it. Since I was in the school choir, we had a performance. I also received two awards for getting the highest score for two subjects in the whole form. It was a pretty exciting day today. :D

That's pretty much all that happened today and for the past week. The week went by fast. I also have to start my intense revision because trials are coming up! I hope I'll be able to score well for my trials which is going to happen next month. *yikes* Till here, cheerio!

Song of the Week

I am absolutely happy to hear these boys again. This week the song I have chosen is 24/seven by Big Time Rush. It's been a long time since I heard something new from them and also since I heard something from them on the radio. Listen to it and tell me what you think about it. :D

No comments: